Saturday, December 29, 2007

Love for Art Basel

During Art Basel a 24 yo female friend (an NYU college student originally from Russia) asked me if I knew anyone she could crash with in Miami since her artist friend flaked out of the trip. I had a single buddy who was going to be there so I sent him a text message saying "Pretty Russian College student needs a place to crash in MIA during Art Basel. Are you game?" He called me immediately saying that he was very interested in having her stay but wanted to know what the chances were of her "putting out."

I said "Dude that depends on you. I'm just connecting you two so you'll have to work it out with her." So he calls her and says in his most humble way that he's only got one queen size bed in his art deco studio apartment in South Beach so if she wants to crash there she's got to share the bed. She declined.

So let me ask you. Do you think that he made a reasonable or unreasonable offer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering that she's RUSSIAN his intrests were legitimate. In America you PAY TO PLAY and nobody knows that better than Russian women.

Anonymous said...

How can you poop Art Basel? She is not worth any worry ...

Anonymous said...

The offer is very reasonable. If she is going to poop Art Basel (!) she's not worth the move...

Anonymous said...

I would say that was a classless unreasonable offer. He's better off asking for a little money instead of a little booty. Not a good idea in the first place to ask a guy to put up a girl; better to have asked another girl in Miami.

Anonymous said...

i agree it's better to ask another girl in Miami, but if you don't have any?! i think only a jerk will assume that if someone needs help, he/she could abuse the opportunity and simply use that someone who is in need! I am naive, as i still believe that whatever we do will come back to us later!

"In America you PAY TO PLAY and nobody knows that better than Russian women." = horrible stereotype!!!! just horrible!

I know MORE American gold diggers from WI, TX, CA, etc. who came to NYC with a goal to marry a wealthy guy. However, MOST of Russians i know are here because they like the freedom of choice and they do NOT care about marrying a wealthy guy!!!! Those Russian girls work harder than any American! They are here to be themselves, in the society where no one dictates when they have to get married, they are not discriminated at the work place just because they wear skirts....they are kind hearts and no "fake American smile"! They are the girls who are still believe in love:)....they believe they can make a career and find that someone special, regardless of his income! versus my American girlfriends who believe in a merger of bank accounts:(

In any case, it's not right to impose stereotypes! There are bad and good people everywhere...